Department of Biotechnology
We’re talking education that will inspire generations
Eligibility | Fees and Financial Assistance | Facts & Figures | HOD Message | Faculty | Board of Studies | Departmental Committees | Announcements | MoUs | Syllabus| Time Tables | UG with Honours | Additional Minor Engineering | Internships | Placements | Infrastructure
The Department of Biotechnology has grown in leaps and bounds. Since our inception in the year 2005, the department has spawned brilliant chemical engineers, scientists, and biotechnologists. And it keeps churning out talent on a regular basis, thanks to the perfect combination of state-of-the-art infrastructure and exceptionally qualified faculty.
To excel in education, research, and entrepreneurship in various fields of Biotechnology for contribution to the evolving needs of the society
- To provide an excellent educational experience to the undergraduate students of Biotechnology through quality teaching and advanced curriculum with roots into the fundamentals, that enables students to become leaders in their chosen field of Biotechnology
- To provide vibrant learning and research environment that enables students to focus on lifelong learning to transform into entrepreneurs and renowned researchers
- To instill the spirit of innovation and creativity in young minds through participation in International and National level conferences/hackathons combined with a deep awareness of ethical responsibilities to profession and society
The program is designed to suit the needs of the young technology graduates looking to make a mark in a highly competitive market.
CBIT’s Biotech students, riding on the back of the knowledge and skills acquired during the 4 years spent at the campus, have found placement in a number of big companies. These firms include IT giants like Wipro, Tech Mahindra, CTS, and Infosys along with major firms from other sectors, like Biological E. Limited, Deloitte, and Dr. Reddy’s.
Out of all the students who passed out in the academic year of 2021-22, 26 Students got placed in various companies like Dr. Reddy’s Lab, Capgemini, Accenture, Cognizant, GenC, Wipro, MuSigma, TCS, Winred Technologies.
B.Tech.(Bio-Tech) Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
The Biotechnology department is dedicated to graduating engineers who
- will demonstrate successful careers in the industry through scientific thinking, interpreting, analyzing experimental results, and pursue higher education, and research in reputed national and international institutes.
- will demonstrate leadership and initiative to advance professional and organizational goals with a commitment to ethical standards of profession, teamwork, and respect for the diverse cultural background
- will be involved in lifelong /self-learning to keep abreast with the constantly evolving technologies for establishing start-ups and becoming successful entrepreneurs.
- will be committed to the creative practice of engineering and other professions in a responsible manner contributing to the socio-economic development of the society.
B.Tech.(Bio-Tech) Program Outcomes (POs)
- Engineering Knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization for the solution of complex engineering problems
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet t h e specified needs with appropriate consideration for public health and safety, and cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis, and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools, including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities, with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply to reason informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal, and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and teamwork: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with t h e society at large, such as being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of t h e engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognise the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
B.Tech(Bio-Tech) Program Specific Outcomes(PSOs)
The student should be able to
- Apply the concepts of Biotechnology in the fields of health care, agriculture, biofuels, food industry, and other relevant areas
- Demonstrate adequate proficiency of good lab practices by adopting standard operating protocols and illustrate independent, safe and accurate handling of the biotechnology lab equipment