Department of Artificial Intelligence and Data Science
We’re talking game-changing IT education
Eligibility | Fees and Financial Assistance | Facts & Figures | HOD Message | Faculty | Board of Studies| Departmental Committees |Announcements | MoUs | Syllabus | Open Electives | Time Tables | Previous Question Papers | UG with Honours | Additional Minor Engineering | Placements| Internships| Infrastructure | Research | Events
“To be the center of excellence in technical education and research”
“To address the emerging needs through quality technical education and advanced research”
“To be a globally recognized center of excellence in the field of Artificial Intelligence and Data Science that produces innovative pioneers and research experts capable of addressing complex real-world challenges and contributing to the socio-economic development of the nation.”
- To provide cutting-edge education in the field of Artificial Intelligence and Data Science that is rooted in ethical and moral values.
- To establish strong partnerships with industries and research organizations in the field of Artificial Intelligence and Data Science, and to excel in the emerging areas of research by creating innovative solutions.
- To cultivate a strong sense of social responsibility among students, fostering their inclination to utilize their knowledge and skills for the betterment of society.
- To motivate and mentor students to become trailblazers in Artificial Intelligence and Data Science, and develop an entrepreneurial mindset that nurtures innovation and creativity.
The Department offers Under Graduate program in B.E. (Artificial Intelligence & Data Science) with an intake of 120 students. At the Post Graduate level, the Department offers specialization in M.Tech. (Artificial Intelligence & Data Science) with an intake of 18 students.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
Graduates of AI & DS will be able to:
- Adapt emerging technologies of Artificial Intelligence & Data Science and develop state of the art solutions in the fields of Manufacturing, Agriculture, Health-care, Education, and Cyber Security.
- Exhibit professional leadership qualities to excel in interdisciplinary domains.
- Possess human values, professional ethics, application-oriented skills and engage in lifelong learning.
- Contribute to the research community to meet the needs of public and private sectors.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
After successful completion of the program, students will be able to:
- Exhibit proficiency of Artificial Intelligence and Data Science in providing sustainable solutions by adapting to societal, environmental and ethical concerns to real world problems.
- Develop professional skills in the thrust areas like ANN and Deep learning, Robotics, Internet of Things and Big Data Analytics.
- Pursue higher studies in Artificial Intelligence and Data Science in reputed Universities and to work in research establishments.
- Engineering Knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization for the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review, research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools, including prediction and modelling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal, and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with the society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change