Internal Quality Assurance Cell – IQAC
About IQAC | IQAC Committee | IQAC Meeting Minutes | AQAR Reports | IQAC Expert peer team Report | Audit Formats | Feedback Formats
National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) proposes that every accredited institution should establish an Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) as a post-accreditation quality sustenance measure for its action plan for performance evaluation, assessment & accreditation and quality up-gradation of institutions of higher education. Since quality enhancement is a continuous process, the IQAC will become a part of the institution’s system & work towards realization of the goals of quality enhancement & sustenance. The prime task of the IQAC is to develop a system for conscious, consistent & catalytic improvement in the overall performance of institutions. IQAC was established in CBIT on 27-04-2011. It has been channelizing all efforts & measures of the institution towards promoting its holistic academic excellence. IQAC will facilitate to ensure heightened level of clarity and focus in institutional functioning towards quality enhancement, ensure internalization of the quality culture, ensure enhancement and coordination among various activities of the institution and institutionalize all good practices, provide a sound basis for decision-making to improve institutional functioning, act as a dynamic system for quality changes in HEIs, build an organized methodology of documentation and internal communication.
To ensure quality culture as the prime concern for the Higher Education Institutions through institutionalizing and internalizing all the initiatives taken with internal and external support.
The primary aim of IQAC is
- To develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the institution.
- To promote measures for institutional functioning towards quality enhancement through internalization of quality culture and institutionalization of best practices.
IQAC shall evolve mechanisms and procedures for
- Ensuring timely, efficient and progressive performance of academic, administrative and financial tasks
- Relevant and quality academic/ research programmes
- Equitable access to and affordability of academic programmes for various sections of society
- Optimization and integration of modern methods of teaching and learning
- The credibility of assessment and evaluation process
- Ensuring the adequacy, maintenance and proper allocation of support structure and services
- Sharing of research findings and networking with other institutions in India and abroad.
- Development and application of quality benchmarks
- Parameters for various academic and administrative activities of the institution
- Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive to quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the
required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process
- Collection and analysis of feedback from all stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes
- Dissemination of information on various quality parameters to all stakeholders
- Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles
- Documentation of the various programmes/activities leading to quality improvement
- Acting as a nodal agency of the Institution for coordinating quality-related activities,including adoption and dissemination of best practices
- Development and maintenance of institutional database through MIS for the purpose of maintaining /enhancing the institutional quality
- Periodical conduct of Academic and Administrative Audit and its follow-up
- Preparation and submission of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) as per guidelines and parameters of NAAC.
IQAC will facilitate / contribute to
- Ensure clarity and focus in institutional functioning towards quality enhancement.
- Ensure internalization of the quality culture.
- Ensure enhancement and coordination among various activities of the institution and institutionalize all good practices.
- Provide a sound basis for decision-making to improve institutional functioning Guidelines of IQAC and submission of AQAR
- Act as a dynamic system for quality changes in HEIs
- Build an organised methodology of documentation and internal communication.